Sunday, October 5, 2008

Deconstruction

Hey everybody, you'll all be thrilled to know that "Deceit" will be delayed another month or so. Yeah, I know what you're all thinking, "It was nice of you to let DigitalPh33r enjoy his time as number one, because soon, TheFantomLegend will be number one!" Or "Wow...this affects my life so much...damn it..."

Whatever. Anyway, I showed my script to the script writer of Ice Age 1 and Ice Age 3 (It's coming out soon) and he destroyed it. Well, not literally, but he really did pick it apart. Oh, yeah, you're probably wondering why I think you would believe this **** that's coming out of mouth right now, and I think you'll believe it because it's true. My mother apparently was good friends with him in high school and has kept in slight contact. Cool, huh?

So anyway, he knew what Halo was (apparently he had a lot of free time during Ice Age 2, eh?), and he understood the whole script. He basically just showed me some of the amateur mistakes I made and gave me some pretty cool tips.

So I deconstructed the whole two scripts and worked my way back down laying a better foundation, working over the basic script I had written, putting speech first, then motions, then voice expressions (since it's a Halo machinima, I don't have to work on a lot of motions or bodily expressions), and then just fancying it all up.

I also worked in several little side stories that I can always rely on in case I run out ideas and have to appeal to the public quickly by bringing in an old mystery that they never did figure out and making it seem so cool at the same time. I feel just like J.K. Rowling (Harry Potter author for the five people in the world who don't know that, damn, those recent movies sucked)

Anyway...that's more or less it for now. Oh, and the Mythic Map Pack doesn't come out a month from now anymore, try like 4 months. February 2009. It'll have 6 maps and I'll bet all of them will be like sets I've already made and the second I upload the episodes to YouTube...BAM! There will be something exactly like it, except 10 times better.

No comments: